Lean Marine AB is a 100% Swedish company specialized on Automatic, Direct Fuel Saving Management in Real time – FuelOpt –, analyzing internal/external factors and support and adjust the engine rpm and propeller pitch to operate in more optimum way in real time – (like a cruise control on our automatic gear car with additional fuel upper limitation).
With FuelOptTMwe can reach fuel savings up to 15% with CPP, and up to 5% with FPP which are official registered savings. Depending the type, size, and propulsion of the vessel the ROI can be from 3-12months.
Vessels with CPP have a potential of a significantly reduced fuel consumption on top of the saving that already is achieved by operating in reduced vessel speed. It is critical for the efficiency that the engine RPM and propeller pitch is correct for the actual vessel speed, cargo load and weather/sea state condition. The FuelOptTMsystem will continuously optimize the operational point of the propeller pitch and the RPM to get increased efficiency. With the adaptive optimization of FuelOptTMthe engine RPM and the propeller pitch will be optimal for the actual vessel speed, cargo load and weather/sea state condition.
Vessels with FPP, FuelOptTM system will not extend the available propulsive power and is only operating within the normal operational range of the main engine. In very rough conditions, fuel can be saved by reducing the propulsive power somewhat and instead compensate (if possible) when the conditions are better. One way of doing this is to put a requested speed and a limit to the maximum fuel consumption (As an example 16kn and 46t/24h). If the consumption in that example is higher than 48t/24h then the speed will be automatically limited until the consumption goes down due to better conditions. To maintain the original ETA the speed could be somewhat increased during the part of the voyage with better conditions. FuelOptTM will achieve the above in a smooth way, completely avoiding any power peaks.
Using our FuelOptTMsystem and our FleetAnalyticsTMSoftware, you have a number of Direct and Indirect Benefits for your fleet:
- Is the only product in the market that adjusts the speed/consumption in real time. There is no need to wait to get the information on your computer and then evaluate what is going to be your next step to avoid power peaks.
- Report Index MRV – Reduce additionally the Emissions
- You can compare over a single trip or a period, vessels (different owners) and see which one is more efficient, and act accordingly using our FleetAnalyticsTMSoftware
- Improve GHG
- Improve Overall vessel’s KPI
- FuelOptTMis a complimentary to any other fuel saving packages that you have already installed
- No need for off-hire or dry dock for the installation of the system
- Reduction of the environmental impact
Generally, less overall fuel consumption in a voyage:
- Avoid power peaks (of high consumption).
- Have as low variations of propulsive power as possible
- If bad weather, go with not full power and compensate with slightly higher speed in the rest of the journey.
Mainly FuelOptTMsystem is a tool to help the shipping company and Master on board. A tool to focus on ETA, Speed and Consumption more than on indirect matters such as RPM or lever positons.
Installation of the system takes 2-4 days while the delivery time is 11 working weeks from the order